Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Being with the way that your energy flows

Some people celebrate the discharge of energy. But some people have gotten so in the habit of giving up energy for things they care about, that now they feel it's more important to learn how to conserve energy. I have been feeling this lately--that I am glad I learned how to celebrate my energy, and how to give it, but I also need to learn good habits about charging up.

I gave a lot of energy recently to something I cared a lot about that I thought was beautiful and important. My recently-self-imposed stigma started to kick in, the voice in my head that says "Sure, you're always willing to devote a bunch of your energy, even if it's not doing any good. You are at risk of depleting your energy if you keep doing this." I have been listening to this somewhat negative voice in the hopes of learning the positive lesson of moderating and building up my energy so I can participate on higher energy levels.

But the lesson for today is that it's still ok to celebrate and give energy for things I care about, as long as I know why I am doing it. Today I do not judge myself for the energy I have devoted to the beautiful entity I wanted to align myself with. Instead, I celebrate this donation, especially since it was given up to a new, important discovery. If I gave the same energy every day in a routine automatic way, with diminishing returns--that would be another story. That would mean I need to learn better habits and boundaries for being responsible with my energy.

I hope all your energy flows smoothly in ways that you feel are good and true to your soul. I want all the energy at all levels to synchronize into a sweeter and sweeter harmony that can support and nurture more and more.

Bless you and thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home