Sunday, May 28, 2006

Trish Woke Up

Trish woke up at a quarter to 3
she looked at the night sky, then she looked at me
she rolled over, sighed and tried to get back to sleep
her eyes opened wide inside, and she began to dream:

There's always something there to remind me
of the way things always used to be.

So hold my hand as we walk through the sand
our eyes gaze straight ahead as we damn the Man
her lips speak words, all I see is her skin
on fire, on fire, neglect my desire again:

There's always something there to remind me
of the way things always should have been.

(And everyone's so concerned.
Everyone's just a mess.
Everyone's been so worried
about you.)

If you walk this way, careful what you say
don't you rain on my parade
cuz all these truths and dares hung over spikes and snares
by a rope so easily frayed
and it's so easy to be afraid...

So hold my hand and forget the sand
look into my eyes, never mind the man
her lips speak words and I love the Sound
on fire, on fire, a wall comes crashing down:

There's always something there to remind me
what it is that makes the world go round.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, did you write this??

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Dis is sehr gut!!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home